Tuesday, July 21, 2009

After we got married, my husband and I went to see an OB. We wanted to treat my irregular menstrual cycle because i wanted to get pregnant immediately. Well, I thought getting pregnant is just a piece of cake. Well, that was 3 years, 4 months and 21 days ago. Obviously, I was mistaken. I was diagnosed with PCO. That is the very reason why my menstrual cycle is irregular hence, my ovulation too. "Timing" is very difficult for us because he works in northern island while I am in the southern island of our country.

Looking back, I couldn't help but regret. You see, we were schoolmates. We were even paired during my best friend's wedding. We were among their bride's maids and groomsmen. Had we known after six years we would marry, we would have gotten married immediately! LOL

If I knew then what I know now I would have done things differently.

First, I would have gone to my OB the very 1st year I had my menstruation. I am very angry at myself for taking it for granted. You see, both of my mother and younger sister have irregular cycle. So I presumed my cycle is normal. Oh, I was so naïve, so ignorant. I should have gone to my OB early on and have this problem corrected.

Second, as a career woman, I was so engrossed with my work. I’m in the manufacturing industry. We manufacture gowns according to the demands of our clients. I hardly noticed time passed me by. If I knew I would have this fertility problem, I would not have postponed marriage.

Maybe, our waiting is over by now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates