Tuesday, July 28, 2009


At last, I already have my menstruation yesterday by noon time. Today is Day 2 of my menstruation. I went to the hospital around 6 a.m. and had my Estradiol and FSH taken. I went alone because my hubby is still at work. My stomach is already rumbling since I left on empty stomach thinking perhaps fasting blood sugar is required but soon found out it isn’t. I was bugging doc’s secretary about it but failed to give me the answer. Perhaps, they were busy yesterday.

Before any laboratory test is done, one has to pay at the cashier. I paid P/1,200 for Estradiol and P/750 for FSH. First, the attendant rubs cotton with alcohol in my skin. Then extracted blood from my right arm, specifically on the vein we can visibly see. She then covered the puncture with plaster and cotton. As I was walking I could feel the punctured area tingle. I don’t really look every time I am extracted with blood; I’m really scared. Going back, the blood extraction finished early since the line for waiting isn’t long. The laboratory assistant told me to return after 3 hours to get the result. Good thing i had my blood test so early this morning else i might not make it to my OB's clinic. Her
clinic is open until 12 noon only.

Soon after that, I left the building to look for a fast food chain. I need to eat my breakfast. The safest place to eat is a fastfood run by big companies. I don't bargain on this aspect because my stomach get easily irritated if i ingest dirty food and water. My stomach is the weakest part of my body. Besides, i always had bad experience eating in carenderia. Going back, I walked two blocks and found Jollibee, a Filipino food chain. I had plain rice, carne norte and sunny-side-up egg. I also had hot chocolate and water. Since it was still past 8 a.m., I linger longer by reading the day’s newspaper, The Philippine Daily Inquirer. Its front page is the SONA (State of the Nation Address) of Pres. Gloria Arroyo. I almost read the news cover to cover because my hubby didn’t arrive yet. When boredom hit me, I left Jollibee. A block away from the hospital is the public market. I was just walking leisurely looking at the items laid along the sidewalk. Around 10 a.m. I arrived at the hospital to claim the result of my blood test and few minutes later, my husband arrived. I’m glad to see him. I don’t enjoy walking by myself. I’m not used to do things alone.

We rode on his jeepney and went to my OB’s clinic. I gave her my result. I have another ultrasound. She said she needs to check if there’s no cysts in my uterus. And thanks God there was none. She then explained the next stage of my treatment. This time we will be using injectable which is called Puregon. It is a stimulating hormone. This will stimulate my egg to grow or mature. She emphasized we need to use low dose of the said medicine so as not to trigger multiple births. She gave us an instruction on how to inject the Puregon. And note, she said I could inject it myself! What?!!!!!! I feel like falling from my sit. I’m pretty scared of injections and now I have to do it myself. UGH!!!

I had my 1st shot of Puregon right on my belly. It was given to me by the clinic assistant. I was scared but I look at the procedure because I will be doing it myself starting tomorrow for 3 days.

My appointment with my OB ended with us paying almost P/18,000. Grabe! This is very expensive for an ordinary-average earning couple like us. But we took the chance because we really wanted to have our own child. And this is the fastest way made known to us. And by the grace of God, we pray this will finally pave the way of me conceiving our child.

I am scheduled to visit the clinic again on August 01. Exactly four days after my 1st shot of Puregon. We will be paying her fortune again. Sigh. This time the doctor told us she might be giving me a lower dosage of the said medicine. I really pray for the success of this treatment for we cannot afford another expensive treatment such as this.


And to this I pray to God for His divine intervention.

Almighty and loving God.
You know too well our heart’s desire and longing.
There is not a day passby without longing to have our own chilren.


God do bless the hands that help us throughout this procedure.
Bless me that I will finally conceive our own child.
We implore you dear God to bless our child with good health
and no physical and mental defects.

Such your gift of life will bring joy to our family.
Hear our prayer, Lord.

With you nothing is impossible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates